Do you want to make someone smile? Maybe make their day a little bit nicer? It doesn’t have to take much time or money . Many things can be done as a part of your normal day and cost little or even nothing. You won’t know how many people are affected by your largess because smiles are contagious.
1. Write a positive note to others that have inspired you or that need inspiration. Handwritten notes that are given to inspire are rare. This makes handwritten notes very uplifting. Start a practice of sitting and writing an inspiring note on a regular basis. You just might start an epidemic!
2.Have a friend over for lunch. You will get to know each other even better than now. If you feel like being more adventurous, host a party for several of your friends and put smiles on a plethora of faces.
3. Give someone a book to read. You will feel good, reading the book willhelp them and they will remember you every time they read it.
4. Ask a friend or relative if you can babysit for a day or evening. If you have been a parent, you know the value of being able to have a few hours of “adult time” without the kids. Don’t wait to be asked to baby-sit . Do it at a time when the parents can do something fun and relaxing.
5. Deliver a meal to someone you know that is sick or having a rough time. We have all been sick. There are also times when life is tough and it is hard to do the daily chores. You can help by providing a meal that can be enjoyed.
6. Volunteer time Every minute you volunteer at a church or charity will cause smiles. You will put a smile on the face of each leader just for helping without being asked. You will also be putting smiles on the faces of those that are being helped through the service.
7. Thank everyone that supports you . The number of people that you come in contact with is endless. Remember family and friends, secretaries, co-workers, teachers, Store employees, janitors, gas station attendants, those that deliver your mail and newspaper, and servers at restaurants.Especially now with the distancing rules.
I know this is a list to put a smile on someone’s face, but there is one more way that can’t be ignored. Reveal a genuine smile to everyone you meet. You will experience how easy it is to get others to smile!